Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Why can't Google get social networking right?

Google is under attack regarding privacy concerns surrounding their social networking platform, Buzz (see link below) A major privacy concern like this hitting Buzz makes me think that maybe Google won't be able to catch up to other social networking sites. When I first heard about Buzz, I figured it would become huge, but this makes me think twice. I also heard that Google originally bought a geolocation based service called Dodgeball, a precursor to Foursquare, but couldn't swing it and shut it down. Now Foursquare is getting really popular. Does it seem like Google is just not very good at social networking? Why can't they seem to pull this off?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8632517.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment